5 Tips to Create Flavorful Relationships with Small Agencies
Are you looking for new ways to land clients this year? Try partnering with a marketing agency. Natasha Cary, owner of FlavorEXP, a marketing agency based in Roswell, Ga, shared these tips with Atlanta Copywriters.
1. You do you. Figure out your niche. You may have to try a few things to find it but focus on something you’re passionate about. Also, figure out what kind of writing or designing you like to do. If social media is your jam, let the marketing agency know. Bottom line: be laser focused.
2. Know your audience. When you partner with a marketing agency, you need to understand these three audiences:
· Your client — the marketing agency.
· The end client — the customer represented by the agency.
· The user — the person who’s going to consume the end product.
What are the objectives and goals for each of those audience members?
3. You are the expert. The agency is hiring you because you bring something to the table. The agency doesn’t know your approach, your writing or designing process. Share your process and communicate what you need so your agency partner can ask their client.
4. Be very clear. Use contracts and spell out the following four points:
· Estimates for the project.
· An understanding of the budget.
· Scope of work.
Have a checklist and go over it every time. Even pilots who have been flying for 30 years have a checklist.
5. Play the long game. Have a sales mentality and develop long-term relationships. People do business with people they know and like. If you don’t hear from a client for a while, stay in touch. Send them an article they might like or ask to meet for coffee. Be top of mind without being pushy.